Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Week 1 - Teal Vertical Striped Scarf

I think I started this scarf sometime around Christmas. The first one I made in these colors a few months ago was too short and too thin. This one is about 6-7 feet long and 4 inches wide. Unfortunately, I was using up some remnants of yarn and had to splice in on some of the stripes. I've never run out of yarn on a row while making one of these long row scarves before so I wasn't sure how the splices would turn out. The knit is very loose so the splices are pretty obvious, but can be hidden as you wear it. It's much easier to just have plenty of yarn.

Even with its issues it looks good and I love the colors. I can tell that trying to take a good looking picture of knitted items is going to be challenging. I should also make a note to self that I need to take my pictures when the sun is still strong; it was just starting to fade when I got around to taking the picture and the colors aren't as rich as they should be.

1 comment:

  1. This scarf is beautiful, Cathy. It is a beautiful combo of yarns and textures. Also, love the colors. It looks great on this painting!

    ReplyDelete